Thursday, December 2, 2010

americas next top model

So I was watching the ANTM finale, and of course I got to thinking.

Being a professional model is crazy and so shallow and so lucrative, but I find it so fascinating. It's just such a completely different world, and these people have such a strange culture. It's selling clothes to the richest of the rich and I couldn't even imagine the lives that these people lead. I think it must be so tough because I feel there's a lot of people that just talk shit about people the entire time. It's the same with hollywood, there is always someone trying to make a story or trying to hide some shady aspect of everything. There seems to be a lot that's under the surface that normal people like you and I just don't get. Just imagine that tonight you we're going to go walk in some new clothes that people have never been soon, or imagine that you're going to walk on stage on an arena filled with 100000 people, and sing for an hour and a half. That's what some people do for a living. Just think about that? And then think about how few people are privilege to this, and the rest of us are just waiting to get inside.

Then thinking about how there are so many people that are starving, they wouldn't even believe some of the people tht live like this. But I'm also not trying to say this upper elite group of people is perfect. I feel as though a lot of movies or shows try to demonstrate that people are trying to be poor little rich kids and they have no entitlement to feel bad because they have so much money. They just have so many other issues to deal with because there is so much greed and neglect.

No comments:

Post a Comment