Monday, November 28, 2011

I'm odd

Well first off a big thanks for y'all that got me to over 4,000 page views.

Todays post isn't going to be extremely thrilling. More just me trying to think that I'm not the only person in the world that does this. I was just spending some lovely time reading and listening to music and so I came across a sentence fingers were laid theatrically over lips. And after I read this...I totally did it. Like as though I couldn't visualize what was happening in the book so I needed to try it for myself. I think that I often imitate small expressions from books. Maybe because I think they'll be cool for me to try out in my own life.


I also do this with accents. I totally read my characters with different accents. A few months back I read the book The Help which is about black maids during the 60s and the author wrote the 'black' parts with some of the words and slang and spelled words the way these characters would pronounce them. I accented the shit out of that - in my head of course....

I also always feel that I would be great at doing these in real life because they sound unreal in my head - not true. It's the same case with German, I review words and sentences in my head all the time but they never come out the way I want. I guess I just need to be a little bit more confident.

Please tell me if you can relate to any of this...

Actually please just tell me you read books.

1 comment:

  1. I'll tell you honestly now: I read books and I relate to your little quirks- mimicking book expressions and things always sounding better in my head. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete