Wednesday, July 4, 2012

accepting my race

I'm white. You likely know this, largely by the fact that there is a picture of me on my blog. If you do not, you are clearly dumb and unobservant, or have google reader - in the latter case forgiveness will be granted.

Anyways - because there is all this sun I have had to think about making the decision as to whether or not I should try and get a mega tan. I must say that I went the entire last winter without feeling any shame of my whiteness. Is it because I'm living in a more ethnically homogenous environment where everyone is just as white as me. There are tanning salons but none of the people I befriend are the types to visit such places. But I have had a lot of time the past few weeks and I could lay out in the park and get an amazing tan. Like ridiculously dark....but contrary to danielle of about 2 years ago I don't really care to be that dark anymore. I wonder if this is one of the parts of self-acceptance you learn and maybe it's just part of my desire to 'age gracefully'. I don't want to end up a leather bag one day.

I was thinking...should I go back to naming the blog titles with lyrics of whatever song I listen to at the time of writing the post?? I'll probably forget this the next time I write.

No comments:

Post a Comment