Thursday, December 29, 2011

homeless?

So I'm going to put off again telling you what I'm actually doing in Germany. Well a little bit

So last week I complained about the fact that I got invited to someone's place to check it out and right before I got there he told me it was rented - that is after I had already travelled an hour....

So I found another place and I was so excited because they sent me a message saying that we could meet today. So I arrived at the house, about 3 minutes early which according to my cool schedule that's alright with me. So I get in and they are all just laughing away and they all introduce themselves, and the conversation is all in german and they progress to english so I can understand. There's this other girl that I don't really get introduced to and it takes me about half this 'interview' to realize that this is a group interview and she is looking at living at the house as well...damn.

I hate being in competitions against other people because I'm very concerned with my first impression because it seems to be a bit of a hit or miss situation. Some people like me and others are not so excited. I'm ok if people don't like me, but I am aware that I'm a little bit strange as well.

It's just frustrating trying to find a house right now - luckily I have a place to crash that isn't underneath a bridge. I'm trying out couch surfing...so that should be interesting.

I'm now at starbucks because our hotel doesn't have internet...what kind of nice hotel in the 21st century doesn't have internet...not even with a cabel!

So I need to now find a place to live...and then change my ticket...

I just need  to remember that it's all worth it!

By the way just got to encounter a fun little situation in which this family came upstairs in the starbucks and clearly couldn't find a place to sit and naturally I'm going to sit anywhere there's a place free and so I'm at a table for three...I don't care. There is just enough room for my computer and maybe another mug, they were not impressed that I didn't move.

Just let me write my blog!

1 comment:

  1. This summer when I was moving out of my old house and desperately trying to find a place to live, I aaalmost slept in my car one night. It's stressful, I know! But I'm glad I didn't have to speak another language to find a new place...

    ReplyDelete