Saturday, December 17, 2011

real food

I think that I'm going to have really week teeth at some point in my life.

Living on my own as most adults, means I have to cook for myself...that is, if I want to survive, which yes, I do.

For the last four years I haven't had a strong desire to engage in any extensive culinary adventures. I honestly don't mind cooking. I have pretty diverse tastes so that makes picking food to cook pretty easy because I have a wider range of things that I enjoy. This year a lot of my diet consisted of soup and sandwiches. We don't have an oven and I never realized how much I love ovens. I miss oven fries and chicken fingers (even though I know how unhealthy they are). I just have no strong desire to cook fabulous meals because I really hate cleaning up. Especially when there is no dishwasher either. My biggest enemy is that I just don't want to make the mess. I haven't become sick of these foods yet so I'm just going to ride this out as long as I can!

But the fact that I am always eating like really soft foods, I'm going to lose all my jaw strength. I'm worried that I'll just not be able to eat steak. The past four years I rarely ever cook things that I have to cut on my own, and I have pretty uninspired cutting skills - like when I have to cut something on my plate. It's spoon city for me.

I hope my teeth don't fall out because I just am not challenging them enough.

Hmm, maybe time for a bowl of yogurt? It's to bad all the milk products are just so fantastic here!

No comments:

Post a Comment