Thursday, December 22, 2011

I thought I was a nice person.... part 2

So in the previous post I discussed how things didn't work out for me on monday.

Yesterday I write my final exam and finally I got a response from the tens of broken german emails I've been sending in regards to finding a place to live. He says to text him and it is concluded that I want to take the place because it's within my price range and a reasonable location. It is decided I will come wednesday to visit the place and get things arranged I guess. I also said clearly, or so I thought, in my texts that as long as it was furnished I would take the room.

So yesterday after writing just a horrible exam I made the hour long train ride up to Darmstadt to check out this place. As I make my final transfer and am sitting on the train about ten minutes from my destination I get a text from this guy saying the room has just been rented.

Are you serious?!

I wasted soo much time and energy to come here, said that I wanted the room and you give me no warning.

I totally understand things from his point of view though. He doesn't care about other people, he just wants to get his room rented. Realistically he doesn't owe me anything.

Of course I immediatly email my parents and I got this response from my dad
" So sorry to hear that.
Unfortunate that he is without honour."

What a fantastic response - and it's true.

But it just seems like that's the German way of life, judging from these last two interactions.

And I've learned that people just don't want me to ever celebrate being finished exams.


1 comment:

  1. Wow. Your dad's text sounds EXACTLY like something my dad would text. That whole situation sounds exasperating! I hope you find some place to live...

    ReplyDelete