Tuesday, December 13, 2011

puppies for everyone

If you don't like puppies - don't ever read this blog again because I don't like you.

It's no secret that I would like a pet. Preferably a puppy but a cat wouldn't be bad either. Thinking about my future I've realized that if my parents are going to make me pay rent, I'm obviously not going to want to stay there that long. Well played mom and dad....

So anyways, when I first got to Germany I definitely realized that a lot of people here have dogs. I think a significantly higher amount of people and this just fuelled my desire to get one even more. I have been begging for a cat at home because they will be needing less attention, but a dog would be preferable. My mother often gets emails of cute cat videos or pictures that I find on the internet, but it does not look promising. So I guess when I move out I'm going to want an animal. The trouble is - I don't have any clue how I would do with training them.

The dogs here in Germany are amazingly trained. Like don't even bother with a leash because they are so calm and tame and just like hanging out. I can't even count the number of times I've just walked passed a dog that isn't on a leash and they don't even look at me. At home I like seeing stray animals because then maybe they'll follow me home and I can keep it.

Once a this happened to me. There was a dog just hanging out on the sidewalk - this little black and white thing. And brave me checked his tags and made him follow me home. It was from really close by and we returned it right away. I remember their house smelled like smokers which is the worst house smell ever.


I've also chosen not to find the cutest pictures of puppies on the internet because I'm already procrastinating my studying for the exam I have today.

No comments:

Post a Comment