Tuesday, September 7, 2010

the first blog of the new school year

To be honest, I haven't actually started school yet, but I have been moved in about three days ago. It's going pretty good. The transition is always a weird moment. After summer I have spent so much time with the summer I feel weird without them around all the time. I think I always feel way closer to growing up when they are not around. I almost feel bad about this because I feel that I need to in some way "honour their memory." Obviously this sounds weird but I find it way easier to leave here than to leave home. It's also been harder every year. I think this is because I am closer to having to make a huge life decision about what I'm going to do with the rest of my life. These feelings will all probably be good in about a week once I have a little bit more structure. Right now my schedule consists of staying up way to late and laying around all day. It's pretty nice!

I'm also living with boys which is something that I have never done. It's kind of weird seeing "the other side" of everything, and I feel privy to a lot of the man talk that happens. I know am a possessor of some of these secrets. I'm pleased that this is all happening though, because I do not need to worry about drama. I'm with a whole bunch of people that just don't care. Or let me rephrase, they care about sports, drinking and hanging out with their friends. I'm not completely in the same boat but they are all activities I support. I do look forward to this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment