Saturday, January 14, 2012

Denglish

So it's no secret that I'd really like to learn german and I must say it's really tough to constantly be on my toes thinking of the proper phrasing and proper grammar and all that. One thing that I find that I do is have these conversations in my head in german so that I can practice. When I do this and I encounter a word that I don't know it just really works for me to say it in a german accent.

I have noticed though that twice since my parents have been here I have been talking in english and a german word pops out. Like I was talking about whether or not something was available or free and I used the german equivalent. That's pretty cool. I guess it's actually sinking in.


Also I decided to add this picture because the blog was pretty short. I'm grinning so much because this is at the mirabelle gardens in salzburg. If you don't recognize the location in the background go watch the sound of music during the do-re-mi song. Then you should know. If you didn't get it right away don't feel bad. At this point my dad had no idea why this was significant - I just said 'let's take a picture with the unicorns!' ha ha ha sucker

1 comment: