Saturday, January 28, 2012

never gonna graduate

I did something that I never thought was possible...

I failed my first class ever. Now I am sure that many of you remember when I had those issues about when I had thought I could attend that class and it turned out that I couldn't because I didn't register. It's really weird because I was more upset about that than I am about failing this class despite the fact that I'm going to have to attend school this summer - highly likely at the university of manitoba. (If you are taking any second year class that requires no prereqs tell me - I'll be your study buddy)

In an email to my mother I suggested that maybe I'm just subliminally trying to fail so that I don't have to graduate and get a real job - that's really pathetic.

So basically I should have been finished all my classes at this point and now I wont be graduating until all 2012. I'm ok with this whole situation because realistically I have to be. It's my own fault for not being smart enough.

I just hate exams soo much - and I'm not trying to justify it but it was a masters level class. And I actually did study. I know that I'm not a dumb person - I also realize that I cannot learn in the way that the Germans teach. It is very difficult for me because I think that I learn better through discussion and through questioning and not just a straight lecture with me required to regurgitate everything later.

The only thing that really worries me is that when I go to apply for potential jobs, I am going to be questioned on why it took me so long to graduate - good question! I can't quite think of a way to put a positive spin on the situation so that they don't think I'm dumb.

I think another factor that contributed to my demise was the fact that I had ZERO interest in the subject. Like none whatsoever. I think the name of the class was organization for innovation which I thought sounded cool but realized quickly it was HR mixed with strategy and all information that will highly unlikely be of use to me. Last year at Brock my last semester was fantastic. I loved all my classes and my marks clearly reflected that. I know that I am capable of passing classes.

So I am seeing if I can still make up the exam - that means I'll have to study again ha ha ha GREEAATTTT. At least I'll still remember some stuff?



Also this is a first post from my new room - and the lunch menu is a box of chocolate

No comments:

Post a Comment