Thursday, January 12, 2012

haircutting

Katie - this post is for you...

I'm going to do this in public so that you cannot make a scene in public on the internet where it will go down in history forever.

I cheated on you today...

I'll preface this by saying it wasn't my fault. I really needed a hair cut and I didn't want to spend the money to get one however my parents were pretty adamant about me getting one. I do agree that my split ends are getting pretty bad at this point. Today when father and I were out for a wander/einkauf in the lovely town of friedrichshafen he mentioned that it probably wouldn't be a bad idea for me to get my haircut. I've noticed lately the horrible state of my hair and I can't say I completely disagreed with him.

So after a few gift purchases (another scarf for my father) and a lunch accompanied with liquid courage we made our way to a decently priced hair salon in the area.

We entered the store and were not immediately greeted due to the fact that some german soap opera was on and both girls were sitting on a spiral staircase being held captive by whatever drama was playing. Slowly one girl made her way over and I asked if they had anytime for a haircut. This was a pretty redundant question. I peeked a glance into the day planner and there were maybe three names written down in there...of course they had time for me.

So she led me over the the sink which I just have to say, no hair washing sink has ever been comfortable for me...ever. Maybe I just don't know how to sit in them properly, although the ones at diversity hair studio are the best up till this point - especially the foot rests!

So the hair was washed and my immediate thought was this girl is new!


You can always tell that someone is new by the aggressiveness. She did an adequate job however you just always know the way that a hair stylist is better and I feel more confident when they don't really care about your head as much as you do.

This did get me a little nervous but I know that it's just hair. I'm in the midst of really trying hard to grow out my hair and so that's keeping me apprehensive about letting anyone touch it. I know that it's just hair though so I'll survive.

So after my hair was washed and brushed another lady came down from upstairs to come actually cut my hair. She cut my hair into too many layers though. I am not dissatisfied but I would have rather had my own personal stylist. Hopefully this will just stimulate faster hair growth and have it grow long before I get mad and chop it all off again!

5 comments:

  1. I have to say I also cheated on you Katie, I got my wife to cut my hair via an electric shaver. I must ask you to forgive me though and give me a second chance. Can we go on another haircut date soon?

    Chris Janzen

    ReplyDelete
  2. His wife also cut her own bangs in a fit of insanity. Is that doubly cheating?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really happy the internet is providing a forum for us all to confess our haircutting adultery

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow. i feel like my heart is breaking over and over. thanks for opening up a channel to make me equally hate you all. just kidding. I'm glad germany didn't wreck your hair. just saying that i hate when there is a separate hair washer! i mean, come on. you're not too good to wash anyones hair! that is a pet peeve. sometimes you can't help it because you are too busy but it just seems too pretentious.

    i forgive you all.

    -katie

    ReplyDelete