Tuesday, January 31, 2012

slow eating

I discovered a little something about myself this christmas. Whenever I would eat dinner with my parents I would constantly be the last one done eating. I don't recall this ever being the situation before. Now that I've started to work I'm realizing that I'm still the last one done eating. There are people that will start eating after me and finish before me. I'm not eating anything really complicated either. Literally everyday I eat two pieces of bread with butter and cheese. This usually takes me about 15 minutes, and then I cut up an apple and that takes me another 10 minutes. Lunch actually takes almost the entire break for me to eat.

This reminds me of my two good friends, Manny Goossen and Jordan Ulrich. The two slowest eaters I know. I remember when I would go to camp at Prov and they would constantly be the last people eating. Before I went to camp with them I would often go back to my room in time to come back for the afternoon session. This was never a  possibility if I would join these boys for lunch. One time I remember jordan coming over to my house and we were watching a movie, and if I recall manny was there as well. Jordan decided to bring his own hamburgers, so heated the two up in his microwave and put on some of my dad's hot sauce because he thought he was tough. This was a couple years back so I don't remember exact times. But I'm pretty sure it took no less than an hour and a half to eat these two hamburgers. That's ridiculous!

But now it seems that I may be headed towards that camp...I guess I just savour my food more than others....


1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the savory side of dining. And I do remember Jordan doing that... I was even astonished at how long that took LOL!

    ReplyDelete