Friday, March 23, 2012

Sluts have more friends??

So I had the pleasure of speaking with my beloved friend Laura through the powers of technology...and it was lovely. With her I was able to discuss the fact that I don't have very many friends..and it always seems like people come back from europe and have a thousand new friends (exaggeration), but I'm like why do I know so few people. Maybe it's because I'm not playing the I'm Canadian be my friend card, I don't spend a lot of time being a bar star, or being fun...and I'm not a slut.

Think about it...you all have friends that are super flirts and have been known to have multiple sexual partners - not that I'm judging. But these people always have a lot more friends. Think about it...

I'm not trying to categorize all people into this - because when you live in close quarters with people over an extended period of time you find commonalities that allow friendships to build as well, as I have done with my roommates. But outside of these forced experiences I have not developed friends. I'm not trying to be negative because I'm very happy with the interactions that I have with them - and I also work...and I have been able to develop acquaintance-ships with them as well. There are people at work who I feel that if I'm really having problems, I will be able to talk to them - this is nice.

But maybe it can bring into question the difference between acquaintanceship and friendship. Some people are just there as filler because you all don't have anyone else to hang out with. Think about high school...am I right?

I really do know my real friends because we're able to catch up and it's no big deal and it's never awkward, and the conversations turn into talking about weird things, and it's not just what's happening with you? what have you been up to?

Maybe it's time to put on my big girl pants and learn how to flirt...?


Free Hugs?!






Naahhhh!

1 comment: