Saturday, March 3, 2012

hiatus of sorts

So I know that I often take breaks between blogging - but I don't think I've ever really gone this long without blogging, at least not since last summer.

Allow me to explain -

Monday february 20th I was just hanging out in my room - creeping websites as usual, nothing exceptional. The prior week I had been experiencing some trouble with my charging cord. I literally had to keep it on the edge of the table so that the cord would hang at the correct angle. Around 19:45 I wanted to get more comfortable by sitting in my bed. I picked up my computer and on the second stop it just shut off completely. What the heck? It was completely charged. I turned it back on again and tried to put the cord back in because it had no green light indicating power. I tried for about ten minutes to find the perfect angle because I couldn't accept the reality. My cord was done. Luckily I'm relatively intelligent and immediately logged onto amazon.de so that I could order a new cable. Then loaded a few podcasts onto my ipod and shut down the computer.

I have blogged before about how much I love my blackberry - and this week I loved it even more. It was a lifesaver.

Everyday after work I would come home and just hope that there was something waiting for me in the mailbox. I was getting a lot of sleep and listening to a LOT of podcasts. Thank you nerdist!

But I must say judging from all those nerdist podcasts I would never want to become a comic. I would hate the your ability to make someone laugh would be your livelihood. That would be so terrifying. And it's just such a performance art. I really enjoyed getting to know some of their guests better. A lot of name naming going on (verging the pretentious boundary).

But days went on and that friday I came home and my roommate said there was a slip in my door for me to go pick something up at the post office...FINALLY!!!

So I peddled my bike as fast as I could to that post office, '

sorry, you have to come back tomorrow'

Since I was getting so much sleep I am always up early so I made it to the post office the next morning by 8:30. I made it to the post office only to have my heart crushed. It was a book I ordered along with my cable...crushing.

This meant I was going to have to survive the whole weekend without a computer. But with the strength of podcasts and the fact that I'm working on a little handbag I was able to suppress the boredom.

It didn't end up being that bad but it really was't that great either. I'm waaayy to addicted to tv!

My cable ended up coming on wednesday - so I've been pretty happy about that. It's nice to be back.

I did however still have this giant urge to blog - and so I had to do everything by hand!!!

Over the next few days my plan is to released these 'special edition blogs' where I will copy out everything that I have handwritten. And I promise not to edit - so the errors will stay!!

I hope you enjoy.

3 comments: