Sunday, March 4, 2012

Special edition day I: The pioneer

21-02-12


No internet leads me to do silly things - like a handwritten blog. Such as this... to be typed into my real blog later. So a few days ago I noticed my computer acting retarded and I got a little pissed because the cord had to be placed precariously close to the edge of my desk - which of course makes me a little nervous. I didn't want to accidentally knock it with my elbow. But then the charger started working again no problem, until yesterday when I had some real trouble with it. I had to get to cord in a specific position, Then at about 8:00 pm I decided it was time to get more comfortable and sit on my bed. I stood up with my computer and in the middle of 'teach me how to dougie' it just shut off. My first response was a bad word. I tried so hard to get the charge back but got nothing. After turning on the computer and restarting it the computer worked again. I realized no matter what I did this computer wasn't going to charge with this chord. I wonder if it has anything to do with voltage...anyways - I am now computerless for a few days = hence the handwritten blog. I was pretty cheese and still am about the whole thing. I knew that I was going to have to olden-days-life it. Like obviously people were entertained back in the day but cut me some slack! The whole way that people lived was different. Evenings I rely on my computer for music and entertainment - ok I can get entertainment from books and I have a project that I am working on as well. Back in the days at least they still had the radio - or records! I was panicked at first because I have no other way to charge my iPod except for my computer due to the fact that I left the charger in Amsterdam. Luckily I can plug it into my work computer...phew! Back in the days there were likely more family meals...and drinks were cheaper so meeting at a pub would be easier. Like how did people make friends? I should start try meeting people. Perhaps I'll try finding couch surfers for coffee - oh, except I have no computer. I just hate how quiet it is without music. The cord will be here in 2-7 business days, but I can hardly wait. I just love my shows. I guess this technically should be a learning experience, or me proving that I need to, or should be able to survive ohne electricity but I want to play my 21st century ' I love the internet' card. Like information is available to quick on the internet

I want it now - Veruca Salt

No comments:

Post a Comment