Tuesday, March 6, 2012

special edition part III: The great outdoors

22-02-12


The weather has gone from cold for a weakling canadian D - to a nice balmy february. Today I think it was six or seven above and seeing as I have no internet I have been making the wonderful decision to walk home from work (only part ways). I try to make it take an hour. And so when I walk home from the central square (Luisenplatz) I often go through the park. Darmstadt has some really beautiful parts and the large garden/park is one of them. It's funny though because about a week and a half ago I was walking home through the park and there is a wonderful little pond that had frozen over. Not completely however - there was still a section roped off, and then a section completely unfrozen, so the ducks could hang out there. And the ice was full with people. Some with skates, some running and sliding from the island in the middle. It is quite evident that the Germans get very excited for 'new' weather. So when this pond froze everyone was there. Now today as soon as the weather got really nice again it was so full. If I didn't have to pee so bad I would have stopped on (editors not - another mistake) sat on a bench for a little while. At least this will give me an idea of what I can do on the weekend.

This whole 'handwritten blog' is a little fun. I don't think I like the fact that it is only for me though. I want people to be able to read about me, partially because there are people that I don't get to see as often as I like - but mostly because I have the worst memory - and the writing is easier to read.


I took a picture

No comments:

Post a Comment